Summary of Q3 2016 Estimated ETF Flows and Trends
- Overall US listed ETF net inflows totaled $93.1 billion in Q3, accelerating significantly from $34.2 billion in net inflows in the previous quarter.
- The strongest category for net asset flows was US Equity ETFs, with $45.6 billion in net inflows in Q3, compared to $12 billion in net inflows in Q2.
- Flows into Taxable Bond ETFs also remained strong in Q3, accelerating to $27.3 billion in net inflows, compared to $13.1 billion in net inflows in Q2.
- Net asset flows into Sector Equity ETFs turned positive for 2016, as net inflows accelerated to $9.3 billion, compared to $3.3 billion in net inflows in Q2.
- After two straight quarters of net outflows, International Equity ETFs reversed course with net inflows totaling $4.9 billion in Q3.
All net inflow and outflow numbers are estimates based on information provided by Morningstar.
Click Here to continue reading.