Summary of Q2 2019 ETF Flows and Trends1
- Total US-listed ETF assets reached $3.99 trillion at the end of Q2 2019, a 12.8% year-over-year increase. Estimated net asset flows in Q2 2019 totaled $80 billion, slightly above the prior four quarter average of $74 billion.
- Taxable Bond ETFs received the strongest estimated net inflows in Q2 2019, totaling $39 billion, the strongest quarterly estimated net inflows for the category on record. Municipal Bond ETFs received $2.3 billion in estimated net inflows in Q2 2019, increasing year-over-year assets by 27%.
- US Equity ETFs received the second highest estimated net inflows with $37 billion, bringing the category's year-over-year increase in total assets to 16%. The narrower Sector Equity ETFs category saw estimated net inflows of $510 million, reversing the estimated net outflows of the two previous quarters.
- International Equity ETFs received $1.6 billion in estimated net inflows, increasing year-over-year assets by 5%.
- Alternative and Allocation ETFs had estimated net outflows of $0.5 billion and $0.2 billion, respectively, in Q2 2019.
1Source: Morningstar, as of 6/30/19. Includes all US-listed exchange-traded funds, exchange-traded notes and other exchange-traded products. All net inflow and outflow numbers are estimates based on information provided by Morningstar.
Click Here to continue reading.
Posted on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 @ 12:31 PM