Summary of Q2 2019 ETF Flows and Trends1
1Source: Morningstar, as of 6/30/19. Includes all US-listed exchange-traded funds, exchange-traded notes and other exchange-traded products. All net inflow and outflow numbers are estimates based on information provided by Morningstar.
- Total US-listed ETF assets reached $3.99 trillion at the end of Q2 2019, a 12.8% year-over-year increase. Estimated net asset flows in Q2 2019 totaled $80 billion, slightly above the prior four quarter average of $74 billion.
- Taxable Bond ETFs received the strongest estimated net inflows in Q2 2019, totaling $39 billion, the strongest quarterly estimated net inflows for the category on record. Municipal Bond ETFs received $2.3 billion in estimated net inflows in Q2 2019, increasing year-over-year assets by 27%.
- US Equity ETFs received the second highest estimated net inflows with $37 billion, bringing the category's year-over-year increase in total assets to 16%. The narrower Sector Equity ETFs category saw estimated net inflows of $510 million, reversing the estimated net outflows of the two previous quarters.
- International Equity ETFs received $1.6 billion in estimated net inflows, increasing year-over-year assets by 5%.
- Alternative and Allocation ETFs had estimated net outflows of $0.5 billion and $0.2 billion, respectively, in Q2 2019.
to continue reading.
Posted on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 @ 12:31 PM
Posts are prepared by First Trust Advisors L. P., and reflect the current opinion of the authors. They are based upon sources and data believed to be accurate and reliable. Opinions and forward looking statements expressed are subject to change without notice. This information does not constitute a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any security.